Information for Donors
The Master's Apprentice accepts donations through PayPal or by check.
What is an Enterprise Zone?
In 1986, the Colorado legislature created enterprise zones as a way to assist businesses and non-profit organizations located in economically depressed areas throughout the state. This legislation makes it possible for The Master's Apprentice to offer its donors a 25% Colorado state income tax credit on cash contributions of $500 or more. As an example, the net after-tax benefit for a scholarship gift of $3,000 is $1890. In this way a scholarship of $3,000 costs only $1110 after taxes (see example below). Specific net after-tax benefit for the same gift will differ based on individual tax situations.
- Donors make a contribution by check, $500 minimum amount to $400,000 maximum amount.
- Donors must indicate Enterprise Zone on the memo line of the check OR make their donation on our Enterprise Zone donation page.
- Donors send check to The Master's Apprentice, 646 Mariposa Street, Denver, CO 80204
- The EZ program requires that donors provide their FEIN, SSN or Colorado Taxpayer Account Number.
- Within 60 days, The Master's Apprentice sends the donor the appropriate paperwork for tax purposes.
Enterprise Zone Example
The impact on income tax costs given the scenario of a contributor in the 33 percent federal tax bracket who sponsors a scholarship of $3000 for one Apprentice:
|Tax benefits of donation
|Combined charitable donation deductions||($1140)|
|Colorado state Enterprise Zone 25% tax credit||($750)|
|Total tax benefits of donation ($1890)|
|Cost of donation after combined tax benefits||$1110|
The above example is for illustrative purposes only. Please consult your tax advisor to relate this to your particular circumstances.